This course introduces participants to an integrated approach to Results-Based Management by addressing the following questions: What are the linkages between the various functions and tools to plan, measure, monitor and manage results? What are the linkages between planning, risk assessment, performance measurement, monitoring, evaluation, and audit? How do you integrate these different performance management functions?
Topics for this course will include integrated functions and tools involved in RBM, including:
- Integrating RBM: An Introduction
- Functions and Tools:
- Risk Management
- HR Performance Management
- Project Management
- And Others:
- Treasury Board Submissions (in collaboration with TBS)
- Using RBM in decision-making, implementation, and service delivery: what management can and should be doing with this information?
- Emerging trends: Gender-Based Analysis+; post-COVID-19 management environment; organizational culture; quality of life; etc.
Prerequisite: Participation in this course requires either completion of Module 1 “RBM Principles and Basics” or “RBM 101” delivered through PPX in past years or demonstration of significant pre-existing knowledge of Results-Based management.
Training Director: Eric Champagne, Ph.D. PPX Board member, Professor of Public Administration at the University of Ottawa’s School of Political Studies, and Director, Centre on Governance.